me, molly, and the moon

Saturday, October 28, 2006

omygoddess i love these boots

OK, I seriously can’t wait to show you guys pictures of my outfit. After deciding not to fuck with creating costumes for the party, I was suddenly struck by a case of free mama when the grandparents picked up Molly. So I goth’d myself up beautifully, if I do say so my own sexy self. It’s so cute; it’s like I’m channeling myself at 19 on a random weekend. Did not go for the black hair dye (I hear Type O Negative in my head now…lol) but the black cat’s eye makeup, hoop in the nostril, and shitkicker boots are vintage Heidi. Woohoo~ I love Halloween! Giddy me. And I haven’t even started drinking yet. (We had a good stash of milk in the fridge so I’m planning on being a somewhat liberal partier and pumping and dumping.

After debating that plan for days Shane begged me to chill and take a “night off.” Um, yeah. I’ll just press the pause button on my maternal instincts for the evening. I have decided, actually, that since the baby’s securely elsewhere I have permission to relax a notch or two down from my usual state of anxiety- comparable to terrorist-alert-orange I think. So there. Shane’ll be home in a few minutes and he can help me fasten my fishnets to my garter belt and ask me “where did this come from?” I’m sure I will have a pleasantly surprised husband. Poor guy perpetually sees me in an unbuttoned nightgown with milk stains. Not the most seductive of looks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sssssssshhhh! Mama has a headache today.... :) With love, Marianne-who-has-been-there

Bobita said...

You MUST post some photos!

(I was reading some of your back posts and read that your patron goddesses are Persephone and Demeter. What a very fascinating combination of characteristics! I loved that you made mention of it! My goddess archetype is Artemis...but I'm trying to summon Athena so that I can get some work done! Heh. So, you got me to wondering...have you read any of Jean Shinoda Bolin's books? Cuz I think I remember that you are a Jung fan, too...and she discusses goddess archetypes. An excellent read, if you haven't already read it.)

Now get those photos posted!