me, molly, and the moon

Monday, August 21, 2006

happy molly moon-day

My little teeny-girl is three lunar months old today:) I also did a quickie natal chart online for her, and discovered that my little Gemini has a Libra ascendant and her Moon in Cancer. The moon in Cancer reinforces Shane's "two moody women under one roof" worries, as my moon is in Cancer as well and makes for a weepy, sensitive disposition. I maintain that this is not necessarily negative. I like that I feel things so intensely. I would be a poor, cold artist if I didn't.

Molly is, hopefully, at home right now celebrating her Moon Day with a bottle of mom-milk from the fridge, not the freezer. We discovered this week that my milk has too much lipase enzyme and does not keep in the freezer. That's why she refuses bottles a lot. So now I have to re-stock my freezer, scalding the milk beforehand. A pain in the ass, but it's better than formula so I will take the extra few minutes of prep time in stride.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I doubt it even saves time. Maybe they drink bottles faster than they nurse, but I'd sure as hell rather pull up my nightgown, roll sideways, and fall back asleep while the baby nurses than have to get up, heat up a bottle, etc.