me, molly, and the moon

Monday, December 18, 2006

why i am not cool, but molly is

Squee! Rick Lee, a well-known local commercial photographer with the coolest blog, posted a snap of the Mollybird. I'm ecstatic because I am a dorky mom.

I have no hope of ever being cool, Shane says, because I am a gothy hippy chick (according to my husband, a nosering and excessive number of black tees qualifies me as goth) who uses lame wannabe gangsta slang interspersed with my "groovy"'s. Also, because the average age of new moms in my area is 5-10 years younger than me, I am going to be the weird gray streaked bag-lady-looking mom at the PTA crying because the cafeteria doesn't serve organic tofu in a region where we pretty much deep fry everything.

I am over being cool most days, and revel in my mellow at-home-in-my-own-skin-ness. Some days, though, I wake up and really want a tattoo sleeve and purple hair. Right now I'd settle for any neat haircut. I'm a mop right now. I've left a plea for help with my favorite hair goddess, but she's busy and I may have to suffer through the holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, whimsical, dreamy photo, full of peace.

Now...Rick Lee is HOT. He must be married or gay? If not, nudge him in in this direction. xo Marianne

Anonymous said...

I'm getting the sleeve. I'm still a dork. :)

I've pondered and bothered myself about 'coolness", and I've come to the conclusion that the only time I was cool, I didn't give a shit, and I was 15. So blech.