me, molly, and the moon

Sunday, October 15, 2006

frustration

If we didn't have this little goofy face keeping us company, we'd explode. We're on a deadline designing a website- well, building it. As usual, my design was very pretty and a terrible pain in the ass to execute.

Also have done .001% of the housework that needs done.

How am I supposed to be a mama, an administrative assistant, a graphic designer, and still have time for sleeping and eating- much less luxuries like clean house and clothing and time to spend with my husband?

3 comments:

mamaloo said...

My husband arrived home as I pulled up your blog.

Upon looking at the picture of your adorable daughter, we made a lot of squealy noises and agreed it would be hard to work with that cutey with those fantastically large eyes looking at us :)

Anonymous said...

She is just so gorgeous!!

I wonder how to juggle it all too and I'm not even back at work yet! Our place isn't particularly clean but I try to do a little at a time. I've discovered how much it really is possible to do in the twenty minutes that Ciaran naps at a time these days.

I know it sounds dull but maybe you and your beloved can do some tidying together? Graham helps me with laundry or sometimes we just plop Ciaran into his bouncy seat or on his playgym and let him amuse himself for fifteen minutes while we scramble around getting things done.

Anonymous said...

There was this woman who lived in my apartment building when I was a young mother. She painted these silly little plaques for craft shows; but there was one that I remember part of:

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow,
Babies grow up, we learn to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

Trust me, I'm not cutsie. I'm an off color, mysterious, passionate, scorpio woman. So why this verse came back to me to share with you, I do not know! But it is wise, in its pink polka dot kind of way.

Also, I'd like to knit Molly a little hat...what would you like? With love, Marianne