me, molly, and the moon

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

alchemy & contortionism

This morning when I took my first pump break, I amused myself by observing that I felt like a mad alchemist with this strange contraption, extracting the elixer of life. All the tubing and bottles and bags just seemed so fun and weird. Carefully, slowly pouring the milk from the collection bottles into the little baggies and trying not to spill a drop made the pumping seem special and ritualistic.

Of course, it's very boring, so one has to entertain oneself somehow:)

Later, I was nursing Molly in the car (it was just too hot not to be in air conditioning) while Shane and his cousin scoped out wedding photo settings at the farm where she's getting married. The caretaker pulled up and motioned for me to roll down the window (to explain why we were there I guess), which I somehow managed to do with my good arm without breaking Molly's latch. I write this just because I think I deserve a medal for contortionism. I probably couldn't have done it if my breasts weren't so damn big they practically hang into my lap. And I'm proud of the fact that I wasn't embarrassed at all- I'm getting over my shyness of nursing her in public, at least a little bit.

No comments: